Catalyst Foundation is an inclusive, independent and charitable organisation seeking to improve the lives of all South Australians in the areas of Ageing, Disability, Lifestyle, Employment, Business and Learning.
Established in South Australia in 1994 as Seniors Information Service, we changed the organisation’s name to Catalyst Foundation in 2016 to reflect the growth in our services, the communities we serve and to underline the value of making a difference through action.
How We Help
Catalyst Foundation is the leading independent provider of free community information in SA. We connect people to services and we can help you with information about:
- Housing & Low Cost Rental Accommodation
- Residential and Community Based Aged Care
- Independent living and Support to Stay at Home
- Concessions and Benefits
- Retirement Housing, including a searchable online housing directory on our website
- Respite Vacancies
- Disability Services and Systems
With special focus on wellness and reablement, we seek to build capacity in people to address their own challenges and needs.
Our Services include:
- Seniors Information Service
- Disability Information Resources
- Ageing SA – including Accommodation, Respite and Home Care placement service
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community support and services
- LGBTIQA+ Support and services, including Catalyst Foundation’s Rainbow Directory and social activities
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Community Support and Services, including social connection opportunities
- Support to navigate My Aged Care, NDIS and myGov
- Digital Literacy training and support including how to use computers, tablets and smartphones
- Online webinars and in-person seminars covering an array of subjects, such as scam safety, online shopping and banking, and financial tips.
We are people helping people. Reach out to us and see how we can help you.
We provide support to all South Australians and have a special focus on:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Communities
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities
- LGBTIQA+ communities (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning and Asexual & other)
Please click here to download our 2021/22 Annual Report